Find Trade Colleges

Study Area & Zipcode

Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science at Santa Fe College

Find Schools Near

Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science at Santa Fe College

If you are interested in studying clinical/medical laboratory science, you may want to check out the program at Santa Fe College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Santa Fe College is located in Gainesville, Florida and has a total student population of 12,607.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science section at the bottom of this page.

Santa Fe College Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in Clinical Laboratory Science (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science

Santa Fe College Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the clinical laboratory science progam at Santa Fe College compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The clinical laboratory science major at Santa Fe College is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 19
Most Popular Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Basic Certificate Trade Schools 76
Best Value Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Basic Certificate Schools 98
Best Value Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Schools 194
Best Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Bachelor’s Degree Trade Schools 194

Clinical Laboratory Science Student Demographics at Santa Fe College

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the clinical laboratory science majors at Santa Fe College.

Santa Fe College Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science Bachelor’s Program

71% Women
62% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 21 students earned a bachelor's degree in clinical laboratory science from Santa Fe College. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men. The typical clinical laboratory science bachelor's degree program is made up of only 18% men. So male students are more repesented at Santa Fe College since its program graduates 11% more men than average.

undefined

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 16% more racial-ethnic minorities in its clinical laboratory science bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Santa Fe College with a bachelor's in clinical laboratory science.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 6
White 7
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Santa Fe College also has a doctoral program available in clinical laboratory science. In 2020, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Concentrations Within Clinical/Medical Laboratory Science

The following clinical laboratory science concentations are available at Santa Fe College. The table shows all degrees awarded in this field awarded for all degree levels at Santa Fe College. A concentration may not be available for your level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Laboratory Sciences & Medical Technology 23
Phlebotomy Technician/Phlebotomist 20

Careers That Clinical Laboratory Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in clinical laboratory science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for FL, the home state for Santa Fe College.

Occupation Jobs in FL Average Salary in FL
Health Technologists and Technicians 9,600 $42,730
Health Specialties Professors 9,250 $80,990
Phlebotomists 8,250 $32,280
Surgical Technologists 7,340 $44,030
Medical Equipment Preparers 2,920 $32,650

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Trade Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited trade schools across the U.S.