What Does it Take to Be a Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairer?
Example of Camera & Photographic Equipment Repairer Job Repair and adjust cameras and photographic equipment, including commercial video and motion picture camera equipment.
What Do Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers Do On a Daily Basis?
- Assemble aircraft cameras, still or motion picture cameras, photographic equipment, or frames, using diagrams, blueprints, bench machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Fabricate or modify defective electronic, electrical, or mechanical components, using bench lathe, milling machine, shaper, grinder, or precision hand tools, according to specifications.
- Measure parts to verify specified dimensions or settings, such as camera shutter speed or light meter reading accuracy, using measuring instruments.
- Install electrical assemblies and wiring in aircraft camera housings and memory cards or film in cameras, following blueprints and using hand tools and soldering equipment.
- Test equipment performance, focus of lens system, diaphragm alignment, lens mounts, or film transport, using precision gauges.
- Disassemble equipment to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
Qualities of a Camera & Photographic Equipment Repairer
When polled, Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers say the following skills are most frequently used in their jobs:
Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Other Camera & Photographic Equipment Repairer Job Titles
- Camera Tuning Engineer
- Photo Technologist
- Camera Repairer
- Photographic Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Repair Technician
Is There Going to be Demand for Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers?
In the United States, there were 4,000 jobs for Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairer in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 2.5% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 100 new jobs for Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairer by 2026. There will be an estimated 400 positions for Camera & Photographic Equipment Repairer per year.
The states with the most job growth for Camera & Photographic Equipment Repairer are Georgia, Maryland, and Indiana. Watch out if you plan on working in Illinois, Washington, or Pennsylvania. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Camera & Photographic Equipment Repairer
The salary for Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers ranges between about $24,710 and $62,300 a year.
Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers who work in Florida, Texas, or Minnesota, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools & Technology do Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Data entry software
- Email software
- Statistical process control SPC software
How do I Become a Camera & Photographic Equipment Repairer?
Learn what Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairer education requirements there are.
How many years of work experience do I need?
Where Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers Work
Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers work in the following industries:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|