What Does it Take to Be a Landfill Gas Generation System Technician?
Occupation Description Monitor, operate, and maintain landfill gas collection system components and environmental monitoring and control systems.
Landfill Gas Generation System Technician Responsibilities
- Monitor landfill well fields periodically to ensure proper functioning and performance.
- Verify that well field monitoring data conforms to applicable regulations.
- Perform landfill surface scans to determine overall effectiveness of the landfill gas site.
- Perform routine maintenance or minor repairs to landfill gas collection and power generation systems, including equipment such as pneumatic pumps, blower or flare systems, and condensate management systems.
- Monitor landfill gas perimeter probes to identify landfill gas migration.
- Operate landfill gas, methane, or natural gas fueled electrical generation systems.
Types of Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
- Natural Gas Technician
- Wellfield Technician
- Landfill Gas Technician
- Methane Gas Generation System Technician
- Landfill Gas Generation System Technician
What Kind of Landfill Gas Generation System Technician Job Opportunities Are There?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 12,100 jobs in the United States for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 2.5% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 300 new jobs for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician by 2026. There will be an estimated 1,200 positions for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician per year.
The states with the most job growth for Landfill Gas Generation System Technician are South Dakota, Nebraska, and Oregon. Watch out if you plan on working in Massachusetts, West Virginia, or Oklahoma. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
How Much Does a Landfill Gas Generation System Technician Make?
The average yearly salary of a Landfill Gas Generation System Technician ranges between $34,580 and $81,750.
Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians who work in Alaska, Washington, or Hawaii, make the highest salaries.
How much do Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
Tools & Technologies Used by Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Where Landfill Gas Generation System Technicians Work
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|