What is a Fuel Cell Technician?
Example of Fuel Cell Technician Job Install, operate, or maintain integrated fuel cell systems in transportation, stationary, or portable applications.
List of Fuel Cell Technician Job Duties
- Install, calibrate, or operate emissions analyzers, cell assist software, fueling systems, or air conditioning systems in engine testing systems.
- Order fuel cell testing materials.
- Perform electrochemical performance or durability testing of solid oxide fuel cells.
- Test fuel cells or fuel cell stacks, using complex electronic equipment.
- Collect or maintain fuel cell test data.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance procedures, such as part replacements or tune-ups.
Types of Fuel Cell Technician Jobs
- Fuel Cell Technician
- Fuel Cell Assembler
- Alternative Energy Technician
- Fuel Cell Battery Technician
Job Demand for Fuel Cell Technicians
There were about 76,800 jobs for Fuel Cell Technician in 2016 (in the United States). New jobs are being produced at a rate of 5.2% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 4,000 new jobs for Fuel Cell Technician by 2026. There will be an estimated 7,100 positions for Fuel Cell Technician per year.
The states with the most job growth for Fuel Cell Technician are Utah, Nevada, and Connecticut. Watch out if you plan on working in Vermont, West Virginia, or South Dakota. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Fuel Cell Technician
The salary for Fuel Cell Technicians ranges between about $36,120 and $98,720 a year.
Fuel Cell Technicians who work in District of Columbia, Maryland, or Maine, make the highest salaries.
How much do Fuel Cell Technicians make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$92,600|
What Tools & Technology do Fuel Cell Technicians Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Fuel Cell Technicians may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Data acquisition software
Where do Fuel Cell Technicians Work?
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|