What You Need to Know About Material Movers Supervisor
Job Description & Duties Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers.
List of Material Movers Supervisor Job Duties
- Perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
- Estimate material, time, and staffing requirements for a given project, based on work orders, job specifications, and experience.
- Examine freight to determine loading sequences.
- Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
- Transmit and explain work orders to laborers.
- Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
Material Movers Supervisor Needed Skills
Material Movers Supervisors state the following job skills are important in their day-to-day work.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Materials Supervisor
- Chute Boss
- Building Materials or Lumber Yard Supervisor
- Garbage Collector Supervisor
- Circus Train Supervisor
Is There Going to be Demand for Material Movers Supervisors?
In the United States, there were 184,400 jobs for Material Movers Supervisor in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 8.5% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 15,700 new jobs for Material Movers Supervisor by 2026. There will be an estimated 21,000 positions for Material Movers Supervisor per year.
The states with the most job growth for Material Movers Supervisor are Utah, Nevada, and South Carolina. Watch out if you plan on working in Maine, District of Columbia, or Alaska. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
What Tools do Material Movers Supervisors Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Material Movers Supervisors:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- Word processing software
- Oracle software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Corel WordPerfect
- Inventory control software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Employee scheduling software
- Sage ERP Accpac
- Time and attendance software
Becoming a Material Movers Supervisor
What education is needed to be a Material Movers Supervisor?
What work experience do I need to become a Material Movers Supervisor?
Other Jobs You May be Interested In
Those thinking about becoming a Material Movers Supervisor might also be interested in the following careers:
Are you already one of the many Material Movers Supervisor in the United States? If you’re thinking about changing careers, these fields are worth exploring:
- Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Transit and Railroad Police
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|