What Do Material Movers Supervisor Do?
Job Description & Duties Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers.
List of Material Movers Supervisor Job Duties
- Maintain a safe working environment by monitoring safety procedures and equipment.
- Quote prices to customers.
- Inventory supplies and requisition or purchase additional items, as necessary.
- Estimate material, time, and staffing requirements for a given project, based on work orders, job specifications, and experience.
- Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded or problems encountered.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
Material Movers Supervisor Required Skills
These are the skills Material Movers Supervisors say are the most useful in their careers:
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Related Job Titles
- Gang Boss
- Circus Supervisor
- Mail Handlers Supervisor
- Package Center Supervisor
- Material Handling Warehouse Supervisor
Material Movers Supervisor Employment Estimates
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 184,400 jobs in the United States for Material Movers Supervisor. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 8.5% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 15,700 new jobs for Material Movers Supervisor by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 21,000 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Material Movers Supervisor are Utah, Nevada, and South Carolina. Watch out if you plan on working in Maine, District of Columbia, or Alaska. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
What Tools & Technology do Material Movers Supervisors Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Material Movers Supervisors may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Access
- Word processing software
- Oracle software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Corel WordPerfect
- Inventory control software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- Employee scheduling software
- Sage ERP Accpac
- Time and attendance software
Becoming a Material Movers Supervisor
Learn what Material Movers Supervisor education requirements there are.
How many years of work experience do I need?
Other Jobs You May be Interested In
Those interested in being a Material Movers Supervisor may also be interested in:
Are you already one of the many Material Movers Supervisor in the United States? If you’re thinking about changing careers, these fields are worth exploring:
- Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Transit and Railroad Police
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|